Saturday, February 11, 2012

'The Starter' - the return of Fringe...

Fringe played a major role in the very birth of this line nearly three years ago. Some of you know, I am a moderately picky shopper, and would seek out only truly unique items, that satisfy my acceptance criteria. One of those items, was a well made, true to the original suede Fringe bag I could wear for years to come. Fast fashion chains, or department stores in greater Vancouver did not have what I was looking for, so I decided to get some suede and build one myself.

My first bag ever...
Some of you have seen this image... this is the Fringe bag I made back in Spring of 2009...

... The bag got some unexpected attention, some ladies wanted me to build one for them, or just suggested to buy the one I was wearing, so I listened.. and became a designer...










Kerry, Mocha, - I have to post it on the Web-shop!
My simple prototype evolved into THIS bag - Kerry, from S/S 2010 Intro collection, which got us our first retailers, just mere two months into the "business".  Kerry remains one of my most requested designs so far...

In the next six months or so, Fringe exploded in the mainstream retail, with everyone featuring a tasseled design - from Gucci to H&M. Even though, most of the bags were not all that similar to mine, I moved on from shredding suede for Pre-Fall 2010 Coming Of Age Collection.


But, I have not stopped loving Fringe, and that's why nearly three years later, I decided to release a different Fringe design... One of my lovely retailers have said, that i might as well finish a trend I started...

INTRODUCING -  The Starter - an all new Fringe shoulder slouch, coming in Spring of 2012...


Speckled White Elkskin

Featuring a shorter, modernized Fringe, expanded darted base, a zipper closure and front pocket and tie on adjustable straps, this bag is a cross-body, that doubles as  a clutch... For the first time, I have worked with wild leathers - Deerskin and Elkskin, embracing their matte, velvety finish and incredible pliability...

The Starter comes in several colours: BLONDE


























... and  SPECKED WHITE


I am very excited about my new Fringe design. There are very few of them - and they will make their debut in my first show of the season in Ontario...

Posted by Jolanta http://jolavdesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment