Friday, March 4, 2011

Focus

Sometimes I still find myself in a situation, where my sewing project is rather running me, as opposed to me being in charge of it.
Machine jams the thread, or a fold goes awry, zipper colour sucks - and no one else is to blame.
A few things stumble at the same time, and  the end result becomes very different from what I expected. Over time, I have been solving the mishaps with varied success by altering, deepening and changing.

Even though some mishaps proved unsolvable, I learned from my mistakes, and how to avoid them in the first place.

In leatherwork, prevention is indeed the best strategy. And it works.

When it is absolutely too late for prevention, every error can be viewed as a creative opportunity to soothe it, make a note of it and prevent it in the future.


Here's to all the mishaps that taught me something good....

No comments:

Post a Comment