Thursday, August 4, 2011

Adios to Virga...

Virga bag

A few weeks ago I have announced the end of production of my second, Pre-Fall 2010 Coming Of Age collection.Virga was a late addition to the bunch, making it's debut just about a year ago.



I sketched it on my flight back from visiting home last summer. The country features, that I have introduced in Virga's stronger and larger predecessor, Jaki Tote, have been played up and softened in the new style. Also, Virga was my break-through in craftsmanship, as I finally found way to make that smooth, wavy semi-raw edge crown, I dreamed to do on my bags... Making of Virga played a critical role in building my skills and creating detailing for the new upcoming styles.



The response to my newest creation was stunning - seemed as buyers really understood the benefit of the adjustable strap, which can switch a bag from a Tote to a Messenger by one simple pull. Also, the pockets, light weight leathers and vibrant colours. Thanks to all the attention at the trade-shows, and  wonder-works of my retailers, the one year old style became the second best seller of Coming Of Age, finding it's way to runway, wedding gifts, and store shelves.

Virga in our LookBook


It's enlarged, TCB version also proved to be a sell-out.

Virga TCB


Now, I only have one single Virga left in my inventory - and some are still available at Favourite Gifts, Blushing Boutique and Forsya.

The stock production of Virga has now ceased - but I will gladly whip up a custom one upon request.



Posted by Jolanta http://jolavdesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment