Monday, January 31, 2011

Things wouldn't be the same without THEM!

Since the Jola V. Designs' feature on the Handbag Designer 101 came out, we have received some of the most amazing e-mail enquiries and business proposals...

I already did rant about them, laughed at them or just boasted all along how hilarious they were... They are helping me to learn about people and how they operate... Those below are all real messages, names edited!

Enjoy!

From e-mail:

Gavin to me

Hi I am wondering if you make bags for other companies as well as your own line. I am an up and coming company and I am looking for someone to make high quality handbags for me with my name on them.
Let me know if you are willing to do a licensing agreement like this.
 
Thanks.
 
*** You bet - I am huge on dedicating my time for making bags with other people's names on them! But, thanks for considering...***
 
 

emmilie to me

I am wanting to start and create my very own handbag range. I have done my designs, but am now stuck in regards sourcing materials and finding a reliable manufacture to move my designs into production.
Do you have any useful contacts, hints or tips at all. I have searched hours on the net to no avail..

***I was actually sweetly surprised to find this one in my in-box. I will reply to Emmilie the best way I can - but we all keep some secrets to our business, don't we?***

Ana to me

Dear Jolanta, your bags are stunning and I'd love to showcase them at my upcoming Gifting Suite at (....) to the hottes stars, major media, high-society (who love to buy) and VIP's who will be attending. 

The vendors coming include everything from fabulous designer gowns, shoes and bags, to the best in skin care, high tech, men's bespoke suits, luxury sportswear and more. 

(...)We expect the top sylists and product placement people in TV and film to be attending,(....) major stars whose names I cannot give out yet because their agents have asked us not to(...) I am willing to work with you to be in our suite. (...) let's talk about the fee and gifting as soon as you can...

****Gifting AND fee? What's in it for me again?....Oh, and that spelling test is still outstanding!****

 

  

Treena to service

Message:
Hi!
I'm a writer for a fashion blog that puts together a bunch of celebrity favourite clothes and photographs them on a daily basis for my wardrobe remixes.
I'm wondering if you have any spare bag to give me for free so I can dress up wearing it? I get lots of traffic of teenage girls looking at my website all day long through their blackberries instead of doing their homework at school.
Here is what I looking for:
Louis Vuitton pink bag with Paris Hilton logo all over it, but also with a lot of bling added, preferably hearts and diamonds and giant keys. If you have something that:
http://www.posh24.com/eva_longoria/celebrities_with_colourful_handbags

Please mail it to me immediately so I can blog about it and take photos with it with all my friends.

Treena

P.s. Do you  have any free colour swatches?
 

***Hmmm - LV with PH logo? Really? This one's gotta be the winner! AND free swatches, huh? Excellent spelling - that's the real surprise!****

Jenn to service

Message: Hello! About three months ago, I bought a purse from a boutique. It was a shiny vinyl off white purse with five flowers on it for $52.00. I am so in love with it and everyone who sees it. Do you have anymore in other colors? I would love to purchase a few for my cousins for their birthdays. Thank you

*** $52? Vinyl? Sounds like me!***

And there is more of the Funny in my in-box. I guess the authors of these messages are working tirelessly to post as much content as they can, with hopes that someone will fall for it... 

But here's a tip - before you paste that message into just another Contact Us slot please take ten seconds to actually look at my web-page and see how immensely irrelevant I am to whatever it is you're seeking...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment