Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bad things - and Good

The busiest season is on; lots of shows, preparation, retail orders and requests, custom calls, web designing - you name it - we're doing it! During this time of year every minute counts and it is really important to plan ahead and stay on schedule.

Unfortunately, amidst all the pre-Holiday chaos, my trusty sewing machine decided to break down. It started making horrendous noise in the lower thread area, as though several steel surfaces are grinding heavily against each other....

I stopped in fear of causing further damage to my machine and called the mechanics..... Now, as it is in waiting of repairs, my hands are tied till... middle of next week, if I am lucky. If the mechanics need to order any replacement parts for the machine, the wait will be even longer.

The break down has completely messed up my plans of making enough stock for all of six days worth of Art shows, which also begin next week. Some of the bag styles will be understocked at the shows....

Right now there is nothing else I can do right now, other than simply wait...

 BUT - not everything is actually as bad.
I recently have heard from my day job, saying, that my request to work part time  actually may manifest itself into something achievable. It is too early to talk yet, but we may work things out after the year is over. However, I am still very accustomed to the thought of leaving them this winter....

If my sewing machine fiasco does not last for too long, I still think I could make the most of the Holiday season....

Also, even though some parts of my work have come to halt, others have actually picked up. I am not producing these days, but we have been putting all of our efforts towards completing the Jola V. Designs web-site.

After several months of intense crating, editing and re-creating, it finally went live in the wee hours of today (Sunday, Nov. 21st)... So, all of you can now purchase our bags straight from the brand new beautiful site.

http://jolavdesigns.com/



I am very happy and excited for this, as, to me, the Web site was the next big milestone that Jola V. Designs needed to reach...

So, here we are - some things are stagnant and some are moving forward full speed. My next goal, during the time I wait for my machine to return all cured up, is finally publishing the debut newsletter...

These past few days have served an important lesson to me - that despite how easy it is to focus on each mishap and fault, and anything Negative happening in life, it is far more important to use that energy for seeking ways to out-smart your mishaps and use your experience to create the positive.

Best  of luck to all the small business owners this Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment