Monday, March 8, 2010

Update - after a somewhat lenghthy break...

Although the time I have not been writing, was anything, but a break.
There was a small backlog of custom orders, that needed to be cleared sooner than later;
Also there was Eco Fashion Week's opening event, closely timed with some Valentine's day themed socializing.

Then, of course came the Games.... And the city became an array of places to go to, events not to miss, fun to attend - and for the first time in many years I was quite literally - glued to the television. I even developed interest in winter sports!
And, as most of us perhaps did, suffered from Games withdrawal, once the two weeks were briefly over. Perhaps, not so much the Olympics themselves, as the change they brought to the city - the mood, the crowds and the cellebrations.

Somewhere in the middle fo all that I managed to place a few of my bags with a new retailer - the lovely Dream Apparel and Articles for People boutique - again, big thanks to Teresa from Dotted Loop for putting in the good word!

And that was followed by still on-going  leatherwork marathon to make up some stock in time for the Season opening show of the Portobello West market later this month, along with sourcing a few vintage clothing items to re-work and present at the show.
Then there was some furniture, shoe and supply shopping, and tending to my own health as well...
And did I mention that I also hold a day-job?

Now, things are slowly starting to fall back in order. The Market is still a few weeks away and I am really excited to have a couple of my fall preview styles to show off during that weekend. I can even think of relaxing an evening or two.
Also looking forward to the Women in Film and TV festival in April, showcasing a short film, called "Chocolate", directed by a friend of mine...

Oh - and just around that time, my tiny line of bags will hit its first anniversary! It was around April last year, that I've sewn my first oversized paisley - printed upholstery shopping tote, which I am using daily since then. That was followed by my fist dress, made from scratch in the past 10 years or so - and then, followed by a very naive version of the Kerry bag I carry today. The bag pattern has changed since then, but to this day I am very happy to have come up with this design....

I will have a Anniversary sale after Portobello. My Grassroots Model sale is still going.

So, keeping calm and carrying on. In the next few weeks it is my plan to schedule most of the shows I would like to exibit at this year - and squeeze in a trip to my homeland somewhere in between. Most likely in summer. Lots to look forward to. I am wishing myself a good year...

No comments:

Post a Comment