Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day shifts, night shifts...




Even though I knew this time of the year will be busy, I did not quite estimate it right
Earlier, with two and some days till Christmas, with gifts still to be acquired; day job covered, aftermath of moving homes still to be tackled, and more boxes moved at the same time.

We're not entertaining this year, and that is a relief... If we could just manage the gift part...

With holidays so close by, any day job is a rush, and mine had been no exeption,- with alot of smarter or simply luckier people long gone onto their vacations, I was there scrambling in for them till the bitter end.


At home, besides the box city situation, I am trying to plan re-stocking for the spring season, shows to do, set up pace of work and see where it gets me.  
Also, starting on my other project, which both excites exhausts me, - my TRIFFtextiles line of ladies one-off bags, dresses, belts, scarves and other nick-nacks made of upcycled materials. In fact, just a few days ago I've completed first custom tote bag for TRIFF! A Christmas gift to my client's family member. Deadlines were tight... (First TRIFFtextiles tote debuted in teh Portobello West market earlier this month - have a peek at the garnet coloured knit tote with red leather reinforcer stripe in the centre of my table)

When I am not sewing, I am touring this fine city on a hunt for Felt-pelts - recycleable unique looking wool and cashemire sweaters I will later felt and rebuild into new TRIFF items; also shipping orders out, meeting clients in person, cutting leather-made parts for other artists`projects - and that`s all in the time-frame of 4 days before X-mas...

I wish I had been more in charge of things these past few days - but I guess from now on I will be more aware of the real pace of life around this time of year and plan accordingly. In the end - everything was accomplished; I had a great year and look forward to the upcoming one...


More creating, lots of restocking (as my Etsy sale really brought it), some expantion would be nice too - I hope that very soon i will be able to tell you about very accidental first Eastern US retail location;

Alot to expect, even more to do....


So for now - happy Holidays to all, and do not forget to have a breather every once in a while.. And follow your dreams -

No comments:

Post a Comment