Monday, May 16, 2011

My weekend at EPIC Expo

EPIC expo is all about sustainable lifestyle, green solutions in manufacturing, fair trade, safe food and environment preservation.  I was extremely lucky to be a part of this show this weekend...

For three days Jola V. Designs was stationed at the Eco Fashion Marketplace, amongst other sustainable brands of BC.


 We showed off our new banners and a full colour range of rescued leather, canvas and denim purses.

Even though my ankles were complaining by the end of the day Saturday, it was all worth while. I met some great people, had some very supportive neighbours, talked to media and had our debut fashion show.


Eco-education is spreading wide in North America, thanks to the events, such as this one. Independent fashion has been long practising sustainability and waste reduction, and now we can encourage buyers and public to place their monetary vote on us, rather than mass produced goods, that often disregard both, fair trade, and the environmental impact.







The Runway show
I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to take part in the EPIC Runway series, in collaboration with the Vancouver Eco Fashion Week.  My bags made their runway debut, needless to say I was very excited and honoured! Here are all the eight looks by JVD for the Accessories show...

QtBeach


QtBeach

QtBeach

QtBeach
Sarah LF, Metallic
Sarah LF, Metallic

Nijole, Jewel Purple

Nijole, Jewel Purple

Sarah LF, London Mint

Sarah LF, London Mint

Virga, Brown Smoke

Virga, Brown Smoke

Renata, Syrah Industriale


Renata, Syrah Industriale

Final

Oh - and, did I mention all the great drink samples I got to try, while at the show - juice, wine, beer and coffee! I did not know we had such amazingly tasting treasures brewed right in our own back yard!

Loved my weekend at EPIC and I am looking forward to returning to the show next year...


Posted by Jolanta http://jolavdesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. As a friend, I am very proud of you! Lucky to know you and honored to be your friend.
    As another green person, I am happy to see that there are more and more companies that take our environment into consideration when making their products. Your brand looks great, and still serves a greater purpose.
    As a woman, I adore your bags and one day will have my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ann - feedback like this really makes a difference and encourages. I am also VERY happy to have you as a friend, and very fond of what you do day to day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete