Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 in pictures

2011 was a year of big changes...  If up till last February, I was trying to squeeze my design work into all my evenings, weekends and lunch breaks from my day-job,  starting early last year I managed to win some time for my growing business....  From February of 2011 I cut back to half time at my day-job, and never looked back...

Here is the year 2011 in pictures...

February - beginning to job-share.
Even though the year started with a burn-out, cutting back on the day-job time changed how work and feel...

Outside the window - rainy Vancouver  sunset

March - new products follow shortly! 
QtBeach canvas totes
Emma bag



Make It Vancouver Spring
 ... and were launched to buyers at the Spring shows. My first ever vegan, washable line of canvas totes....

 April - Working at home helps to get to know some of the visitors....


She would come and hang out on the window ledge

May - all set up for Epic Expo....


Hitting the runway for the first time!

Telejournal did a brief episode about us


June - launching TRIFFtextiles summer range called Oh, Acid Wash Yours..
"Painted" tote

Bleach painted jeans, re-worked into handbags.


July - sketching, experimenting and starting the new collection ( F/W 2011 Cebrellex).
I was ready to take a different direction with my designs. I wanted to keep the core features, like pleats, punched holes and the strength of my builds, but I also looked towards working with new shapes, exposed stitching and new finishes. Oh, and multiple zippers too!

Vertical frills of Tosca

Structural pleats of Tasmain

Moulding pleats of Khela

July/ August - four dreamy days on the beach at the Harmony Arts Festival, West Vancouver

All set up - and showing some designs of Cebrellex for the first time
Returning customer agrees to pose for a shot with her Renata bag

Live music at Harmony Arts
 September - hitting the road for much needed R&R. First time in Alberta~

look-out in the mountains

first night +  fireplace!

view from the campground...

October - the new, long awaited sewing machine arrives! 
My sewing has not been the same ever since.

on the right - Duerkopp Adler.

And - we launch!
After a few weeks of frantic sewing, we are ready to unveil the all new F/W 2011 Cebrellex; my third collection! We hit the runway at Vancouver Eco Fashion Week.

Patrice Has Options

Dovana

November - Holiday season.... More new products!

Telia recycled fur clutch

Big Skinny belts

For the home - patchwork cushions

Make It Vancouver was our final show of the season - we had an amazing time, as always...
Make It Vancouver, Winter
... and got some great press! 

Vancouver Sun features an article about Make It
 December - Local-E Pop up shop brightens up the neighbourhood for three weeks!

Our corner at Local-E
 We had a blast at this small collective of Indies. I am sure, mulled Holiday wine, helped too!...
And, off to Sunshine Coast, BC for pre-Holiday breather...

Gibsons, BC
 So, there... It has been a remarkable year, proving, that the path I chose... could just be the right one!.. For 2012, I intend to travel a bit more - and be significantly better at staying in touch with people around. Lift my head and smell the roses. Share the simple moments of everyday enchantment.
 Happy 2012...


Posted by Jolanta http://jolavdesigns.com

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, successful year! I am very happy for you. Love the changes you made and how it made you a happier person! I am impressed by your passion and am a happy customer that is planning on returning.....

    As for the travel, you need to come to this part of the continent.... we got some roses for you to smell here, the sky is blue, the sun is (always) shining, and you have some people that you need to stay in touch with!

    ReplyDelete